The Andren SeaMarks® program is a tool for fishermen and divers to manage all their GPS (or Loran) waypoints (readings or marks) and print an organized book of listings and maps. It is easy to use and will make your waypoints work better for you. Its features allow you to plan fishing/diving trips that save time and fuel and to analyze your waypoints for promising areas to explore.
It also allows you to easily move your data into and out of a GPS via a memory card transfer or a cable transfer. This means you can move your points from one GPS brand to another or keep two different brand GPSs synchronized.
MAC,Linix, and Chrome OS users see the end of the Features page or the article on the FAQ page..
SeaMarks was previously known as LoranGPS, and before that, the Andren Loran/GPS program, and even before that the Loran program.
• Manage your book of waypoints on the computer.
• Convert Loran readings to GPS waypoints
• Print your book with spreadsheet listings and charts.
• Coordinate your book with your GPS track plotter
• Import waypoints, routes and tracks from a variety of GPSs
• Export waypoints and routes to a variety of GPSs.
• Import or export a large variety of data file formats for compatibility with other programs.
• Move waypoints from one GPS to another.
• Display your points in a variety of formats
• Identify waypoints with Name, Description, Rating, Color, Icon, Depth, Group, Date, and Comments
• Accept and display GPS Lat/Lon in a variety of formats.
• Color the waypoints on listings and/or graphics.
• Sort your waypoints numerically or alphabetically on any column
• Display your list in pre-formatted or user customized spreadsheet styles:
• Group your waypoints to make it easier to find them in your GPS.
Added recovery of the Date in the Offshore hunter import. Fixed a minor error in exporting a text file while using Loran Chain as one of the fields to be exported. Improved the import of Lowrance routes and trails.
The program has been maintained and improved frequently. If you have an older version, check with the Change History page to see details on the changes in the program since your version was shipped. The version number is not incremented for small changes, only large ones.
We've Been Published
These articles show that the program has been around a while and has gotten good press.
Carl Andren, the creator of this program, is a member of the Institute of Navigation, the International Loran Association, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. He holds 26 patents in electronics including some on the technology known as WiFi.
The program has been re-branded several times to follow the progression of technology. It started out as The Loran Program when Loran was the only means of electronic navigation. When GPS came along and began to make inroads, the name was changed to The Loran/GPS Program. Later that was shortened to LoranGPS. Now that GPS is the only thing used by fishermen, the Loran-centric name was changed to SeaMarks (think wet landmarks).