The Andren SeaMarks® program is a tool for fishermen and divers to manage all their GPS (or Loran) waypoints (readings or marks) and print an organized book of listings and maps. It is easy to use and will make your waypoints work better for you. Its features allow you to plan fishing/diving trips that save time and fuel and to analyze your waypoints for promising areas to explore.
It also allows you to easily move your data into and out of a GPS via a memory card transfer or a cable transfer. This means you can move your points from one GPS brand to another or keep two different brand GPSs synchronized.
SeaMarks was previously known as LoranGPS, and before that, the Andren Loran/GPS program, and even before that the Loran program.
• Manage your book of waypoints on the computer.
• Convert Loran readings to GPS waypoints
• Print your book with spreadsheet listings and charts.
• Coordinate your book with your GPS track plotter
• Import waypoints, routes and tracks from a variety of GPSs
• Export waypoints and routes to a variety of GPSs.
• Import or export a large variety of data file formats for compatibility with other programs.
• Move waypoints from one GPS to another.
• Display your points in a variety of formats
• Identify waypoints with Name, Description, Rating, Color, Icon, Depth, Group, Date, and Comments
• Accept and display GPS Lat/Lon in a variety of formats.
• Color the waypoints on listings and/or graphics.
• Sort your waypoints numerically or alphabetically on any column
• Display your list in pre-formatted or user customized spreadsheet styles:
• Group your waypoints to make it easier to find them in your GPS.
Fixed an ASF table straddle issue where if the waypoint fell right on the border of the table and there was no adjacent table, it might not convert. Fixed an issue where some import/export routines would lock up the program in an infinite loop if a file was not where it was supposed to be. Added code to allow more loran lines in West Texas as the ratio of the line spacings was around 10 times. Added a GPX selection to Humminbird export. Added a Samyung GPS importer (no, that's not misspelled Samsung).
We've Been Published
These articles show that the program has been around a while and has gotten good press.
Carl Andren, the creator of this program, is a member of the Institute of Navigation, the International Loran Association, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. He holds 26 patents in electronics including some on the technology known as WiFi.
The program has been re-branded several times to follow the progression of technology. It started out as The Loran Program when Loran was the only means of electronic navigation. When GPS came along and began to make inroads, the name was changed to The Loran/GPS Program. Later that was shortened to LoranGPS. Now that GPS is the only thing used by fishermen, the Loran-centric name was changed to SeaMarks (think wet landmarks).